Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Battlestar Galactica Youth Edition: Apollo, Helo and Anders

Last week was crazy and Ari and I didn't have a chance to do F*ck, Marry, Kill. Also due to the brain melting powers of the US military Ari is completely unable to chose a category. On the fly I stuck with the science fiction theme and we went with Battlestar Galactica: Youth edition (look out for the Senior edition later, hint: I want to marry Doc Cottle). Lee "Apollo" Adama, Samuel Anders, Karl "Helo" Agathon. All in all it was a fairly tame week, with a pretty easily reached consensus

Ari: Who goes first?

Allison: Let's break it up by category. Who would you marry? I'd have to marry Helo. Of the three I think he's the only one who has something resembling a stable moral compass, not to mention the fact that he can see past race hatred. Even when Sharon goes a little batshit he sticks by her. Oh and he's pretty fucking sexy. Shirtless Helo is a good Helo.

Ari:
Ok, so you have laid out a very difficult choice for me here. At first glance I would agree with you about a marriage to Helo. He has loyalty (I think sometimes to a fault), and there's that whole not a Cylon thing, that Anders fails at miserably. But, after thinking about it some more, I think I would go for Apollo. I know he got all fat for a while, and can be a self righteous douchebag (I suspect this might have something to do with my attraction to him), but he stands up for what he believes in. I mean, he defied Adama the Greater because he felt it was the right thing to do. I can respect someone who can stay that true to their principles. And he's hot, as long as he doesn't succomb to that bratty depression madness again...

Allison: I think that Helo stands up for his beliefs a lot more consistently than Apollo and doesn't let his own self-interest and daddy issues inform his decisions.

Ari: There is no question about who I would fuck. Anders all the way. I don't think much debate is required here.

Allison: I'm torn on the fucking Ander's thing... I guess it all depends on when in the series I'd get to fuck him. Cause you know covered in the goopy shit will him all bugfuck crazy is... not so appealing. But then I guess I'd have to fuck Apollo. I don't think I'm that attracted to Apollo aside from the whole Ace persona.


Ari: But this brings me to my sticking point. If I marry Apollo, and fuck Anders, then I have to kill Helo, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to make that sacrifice. If I had to choose between killing Helo and killing Apollo, despite as much as I like the latter, I'd also rather kill him off, for almost the same reasons as I would marry him. Makes perfect sense, right? So at the end of the day, my decision comes full circle: marry Helo, fuck Anders and kill Apollo.

Allison: Yeah I think killing Helo is absolutely out of the question. No I think it's got to be marry Helo, Fuck Anders (pre-bald, goopy insanity) and kill Apollo. Because he's a douchebag, and a big (occasionally fat) whiner.

Ari: Agreed

No comments:

Post a Comment